I was born in Traben-Trarbach,
Germany, in the beautiful and romantic wine valley of the Moselle
About the Inventor
(See also this "Litziger Lay" link for Traben-Trarbach).
I studied mathematics and physics at the University
of Kaiserslautern in Germany.
I finished these studies with a doctorate (Ph.D.)
in mathematics in 1980.
In 1986 I emigrated to New Zealand, where I have lived ever since.
I worked as a software engineer in Germany (for
SAP) and New Zealand (for Air New Zealand and AMS).
Special interests :
inventions, table tennis, chess,
games, puzzles, science & technology, artificial intelligence,
travelling, reading, writing poems,
environmental issues, UFOs, spirituality
- board games (hands-on as well as computer
games; not all are displayed on my web pages)
- puzzles (made from metal, plastic, wood)
- It have built
a real (1.5 m high) Turing Machine from a metal construction set,
some wood and some plastic tubes. It is exhibited at the entrance
of the software department of the University of Heidelberg, Germany.
Publications and web sites which quote and discuss
some of my stuff:
- Lots of articles on games, chess, puzzles,
popular mathematics, geometrical problems and brain teasers, mostly
in the Journal of Recreational Mathematics.
- several "serious" mathematical articles
- several books on geometrical problems (popular
mathematics), privately published
- poetry book "Wecker im Kopf", privately published
- E-BOOK: poetry book "Wecker im Kopf", published by Smashwords,
ISBN 978-1-62209-590-2 and Amazon.
- Book "Polyominoes" by Solomon Golomb
- Book "Index to Mathematical Problems" 1980-1984
by Stanley Rabinowitz
- Zillions of Games
(board games software development environment, hundreds of games)
Puzzles by Ed Pegg, especially mazes and tilings
- Web Site Problem Database by MathPro
I am also looking for Software Companies who could turn some of
my Zillions games into apps.
My favourite books:
Spiritual growth books and websites:
- "The Peter Principle" by Dr Laurence J Peter
and Raymond Hull
- Daniel Casriel : Bonding
- Key Seminars : Turning Point, Point
- Vipassana Meditation (Burnside Rd,
Helensville) phone (0064-9-) 420-5319
- Robert Kyosaky : Money & You, Powerfull
- Yasmin Child: Quantum Dynamics
- Rex McCann: Essentially Men ( & "Celebrating
Women") phone (0064-9-) 627-9827
If you have any questions, feel free to email me (email address see home
Thank you for your interest.
Atlantis Puzzles & Games
11 Utting Street, Birkdale, Auckland, New Zealand.
E-mail: see my home page
Back to home page